|We always recommend the best products out there, so this post may contain affiliate links. Also, the information found on this website should not be used as medical advice.|
Finding the right toy is important for your baby’s development and safety (*choking hazards).
You may have already gathered all the newborn essentials, so now would be a good moment to think about the best toys to keep your baby learning and entertained during the day.
Here are 24 great toys for babies.
WHY DOES YOUR BABY NEED TOYS?
Newborns are too young and fragile for toys. Their daily schedule basically involves sleeping and eating.
Once they grow a little and they start being more alert and show interest in their surroundings, you can introduce your baby a few fun toys to engage him in developmental and entertaining activities.
WHAT KIND OF TOYS DOES YOUR BABY NEED?
My daughter loves playing with anything that is NOT a toy. From wooden spoons to stainless steel pans, she is absolutely mesmerized by any of my household items.
So don’t spend a fortune on buying toys. Your baby will get bored with it easily.
But he will still need some toys and when you buy them you need to consider the following aspects:
- Safety – your baby will chew anything he can put his hands on. So make sure the toys are first of all safe for chewing and free of any harsh chemicals.
- Size – tiny toys pose a great risk of choking so opt for ones that have the right size for your baby to grasp, play and chew.
- Cleanable – you don’t want an extra task added to your chores right? Getting toys that are easy to clean or wipe would help you keep your sanity and keep your baby away from germs.
- Varying in textures – you want your baby to work on those fine motor skills as much as possible so toys with a great variety of textures will definitely help to develop those skills.
- Colorful – contrasting colors and patterns will help your little one focus more on objects and develop his eyesight.
- Audible – anything that makes a sound will fascinate your baby. Sounds will feed his curiosity and encourage him to interact.
Here are 24 great ideas to distract and entertain your baby, whether for playtime or bedtime you have plenty to choose from.
1. Baby’s First Blocks Bundle
This bundle helps baby with: hand and eye coordination, dexterity and problem-solving skills.
2. Activity Gym And Play Mat
A playmat that folds so you can take it on the go. It has a monkey that plays music as it slowly climbs back up. This set provides a great mix of development options for your baby: sensory development, hand and eye coordination and a lot of tummy time.
3. Sleep Sheep On The Go Travel Sound Soother
Your baby can snuggle with this soother sheep that has white noise and that can be easily attached to crib, stroller or car seat.
4. Little Apps Tablet
With a color-changing screen and 12 learning activities this tablet makes the perfect choice for your baby’s playtime.
5. Learning Walker
This interactive baby walker comes with a removing play panel, music, wheels for any kind of floor, songs, colors and the list could go on.
6. Stack Up Cup Toys
Keep your baby away from your plastic food containers with these colorful cups. Your baby can stack them up, turn them over while practicing counting. It’s BPA free.
7. Baby Einstein Musical Toy
A musical toy with 7 songs and volume control perfect for teething and grasping skills.
8. VTech Remote
The remote comes with 45 songs, sounds effects, colors, numbers and shapes to grab catch your baby’s attention and encourage him to interact.
9. Fisher-Price Rattle ‘n Rock Maracas
All of this grasping and rattling from the maracas will help develop your baby’s motor skills.
10. Munchkin Bath Toy
Fun characters that spin and rattle to stimulate your baby’s sense of touch, hearing and sight.
11. Activity Center
This sitting to standing walker will help your baby rotate around the activity center.
12. Drum Set
With 4 modes of play and 9 songs, these drum pads are perfect for sensory development.
13. Musical Rhymes Book
Engaging nursery rhymes make a great way to introduce instruments, sounds and colors to your baby.
14. Crawl Around Car
Interactive dashboard, over 75 songs and other busy activities will engage your baby for a long time.
15. Rattle And Sensory Teether Toy
An award-winning maze of interaction and a BPA free teether.
16. Activity Cube
14 interactive features and 25 songs will encourage your baby to discover and explore.
17. Baby Banana Teething Toothbrush
Best toothbrush and teether ever!
18. Fun Interactive Baby Book
Soft rhyme book to promote hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
19. Baby’s First Blocks
As the name says, baby’s first blocks to stimulate his senses and exercise the sorting skill.
20. Developmental Bumpy Ball
A variety of textures and materials along with bright colors and patterns will encourage reaching and grasping.
21. Wheel Activity Center
It has a suction cup base and promotes hand-eye coordination on top of visual tracking.
22. Smart Stages Puppy
Songs, body parts, 100 words, shapes, numbers and alphabet are just a few features that your baby will enjoy.
23. Turn And Learn Driver
Early educational toy with songs, colors, activities and driving mode that will stimulate your baby’s sense.
24. Pop Up Activity Toy
Endless fun with this hands on pop up activity center.